Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 lb uncooked penne pasta
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant™ frozen sweet peas
- 2 cups shredded or pulled deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 jar (15 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In nonstick 5-quart Dutch oven, heat evaporated milk, 4 cups hot water and the pasta to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Meanwhile, microwave peas as directed on box; drain.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in chicken and Alfredo sauce. Cook 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in peas and cheese.
Tired of chicken?
- Substitute chopped ham or cooked shrimp for a delicious twist.
- A 5-oz bag of baby spinach makes a nice substitution for the peas. Just stir it in with the cheese. Keep stirring until the heat from the pasta wilts the greens.