“Mayonnaise and mustard add an irresistible flavor to these classic deviled eggs topped with bacon – perfect appetizers.” – Betty Crocker™
Yield: 12 Servings
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (1 oz)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions (1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, place eggs in single layer. Add enough water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Heat to boiling. Immediately remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water. Place eggs in bowl of ice water; let stand 10 minutes.
- To peel, gently tap each egg on countertop until entire shell is finely crackled. Roll gently between hands to loosen shell. Starting at large end, peel egg under cold running water.
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Slip yolks out into medium bowl; mash with fork. Stir mayonnaise, cheese, onions, mustard, pepper and salt into yolks.
- Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg white halves. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories80 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 1 1/2g Sodium115mg Total Carbohydrate 0g Dietary Fiber 0g Protein 4g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0% Exchanges:1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choice 0 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.