Here is just one of Martha Stewart’s lasagna recipes as featured in Classic Cheese Lasagna recipe from Martha Stewart Living, October 2008.
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 pound whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella
- Fresh Lasagna Noodles, cut into 4-by-13-inch strips and cooked, or store-bought dried noodles, cooked
- 5 ounces coarsely grated Parmesan cheese, (about 1 3/4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine ricotta, egg, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Coarsely grate 1/2 of the mozzarella, and stir into ricotta mixture. Using your fingers, shred remaining mozzarella into 2-inch strips, and reserve.
- Spread 1/2 cup marinara in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Place a layer of noodles over marinara. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over noodles, and sprinkle with 1/3 of the Parmesan. Place a layer of noodles over the cheese layer. Spread 1 cup marinara over noodles. Repeat layering (noodles, marinara, noodles, ricotta mixture, Parmesan) 2 more times. Spread remaining marinara over cheese layer, then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella
- Place baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until cheese is golden brown and sauce is bubbling, 45 to 50 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.