Yield: 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup Dr Pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded habanero pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 pound each)
- Place the first six ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Editor’s Note: Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1 steak equals 762 calories, 54 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 202 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 61 g protein.
Originally published as Caribbean Grilled Ribeyes in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p35